The Federal Foreign Office as the sponsor of the conference intends to not just support individual exchange projects by civil society members, but also wants to initiate networking and attract new members to this network of organisations. Topics like digitalization, new forms of collaboration and sustainability in all possible facets (economically, ecologically, organisationally) will be discussed during the conference.
When: 16 – 20 June 2019
Where: Berlin, Unicorn – Brunnenstraße
Who: NGOs and initiatives from the Eastern Partnership Countries, Germany and Russia
The conference is organised by WECHANGE eG and supported by the German Federal Foreign Office (FFO) in the framework of the program “Expanding Cooperation with Civil Society in the Eastern Partnership Countries and Russia” http://tiny.cc/xuu73y.
Objectives of the conference:
1. Presenting the exchange program for NGOs by the German Federal Foreign Office and to encourage project applications
2. Providing a room for networking and discussing future project ideas
3. Sharing knowledge and best practices on digitalisation, new forms of collaboration and sustainability of NGOs
1. Digitalization and new forms of collaboration:
- Civic-Tech organisations and platforms
- New forms of collaboration
- Data security and human rights
- Cross-border journalism
2. Sustainability of NGOs: Financing, ecological, organizational sustainability
The target group of the conference:
NGOs or initiatives from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, Russia and Germany, which are working or are interested in the conference topics mentioned above and which are thinking about an exchange project with Germany or the Eastern Partnership Countries & Russia. The participants must be at least 18 years old.
In total 120 participants: 60 from Germany, around 6-12 per other countries
Organisations which have experience with the German Federal Foreign Office program (around 30%), as well as those which are not familiar with it, will participate (70%). We will focus on organisations representing the main topics of the conference during the selection process, but we do not exclude organisations from other areas.
You can find the latest programme on our WECHANGE page here.