The Federal Foreign Office as the sponsor of the conference intends to initiate networking for issue-based cooperation. The goal of the conference is to start a dialogue for the future that is more human, more sustainable, and more resilient. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) provide the framework for the online conference. The SDGs are a central piece of an ideal multilateralism of pluralistic modern societies and our suggestion is to implement it into international exchanges.
The conference introduces sustainable and local engagement in cities and regions, as well as such topics as urbanism and mobility, climate activism, sustainability in all possible facets (economically, ecologically, organizationally). “Dialogue for the Future 2020” provides a forum for ideas and exchange with civil society actors and experts in the area of sustainability and digitalization. During the conference, your chance to meet your future partner for the innovative cross-border project is very high, and we will make all possible to bring this partnership on the new level and support you while you applying for the German Federal Foreign Office funding programme.
WHEN: 27 – 30 September 2020
WHO: NGOs or initiatives from the Eastern Partnership (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine) and France, Germany, Poland, Russia, which are working or are interested in the conference topics mentioned above and which are thinking about an exchange project together.
IMPORTANT: The application process ends on the 1st of September at 23:59 (CET). You can apply for the participation by filling out this form.
Objectives of the conference:
1. Presenting the exchange programme for NGOs by the German Federal Foreign Office and to encourage project applications.
2. Providing a room for networking and discussing future project ideas.
3. Sharing knowledge and best practices on the topic’s digitalization and local engagement in the framework of the SDGs.
4. Having an open dialogue with German authority representatives and digitalization experts.
We focus on a wide selection of the 17 SDGs, which are shaping five main topics of the conference:
* Digital competencies for stronger local communities,
* Online and offline climate activism,
* Conscious consumerism and production,
* Urbanism and mobility,
* Digital non-formal education and art.
Conditions: The working language is English. Accommodation and food are provided; travel costs are covered by WECHANGE.
The conference is organized by WECHANGE and supported by the German Federal Foreign Office in the framework of the programme “Expanding Cooperation with Civil Society in the Eastern Partnership Countries and Russia”.